In 2014, the 45 RAPTOR brought Big Bore performance to the AR10 / LR308 rifle platform and extended the range of Big Bore Modern Sporting Rifles to 200-yards. Not one to rest on our past accomplishments, we continued our research and the result is the 375 RAPTOR – an evolutionary step forward in Modern Sporting Rifle performance delivering Big-Bore hunting performance out to 400 yards.
- The 375 RAPTOR delivers up to 400 yard hunting performance with up to 3600 foot pounds of muzzle energy and retaining over 2000 foot pounds of energy at 300 yards in a typical hunting rifle configuration making it suitable for any game animal found in North America including Deer, Moose, Elk, Bear or Wild Boar. This level of performance is achieved using mainstream commercial components like reformed commercial Winchester 308 W brass; Alliant 1200R powder and the Nosler 260-grain Accubond.
- The 375 RAPTOR delivers sub one-inch 100-yard accuracy using hunting bullets, while maintaining a terminal velocity of 1800 fps or greater at 300 to 400 yards, depending on bullet and rifle configuration, for reliable bullet expansion.
- The 375 RAPTOR maintains a +/-3 inch flight trajectory from the muzzle to 200-250 yards impacting a 6-inch diameter vital zone without hold-over or sight adjustment.
- The 375 RAPTOR gives you options from 175-grains up to 350-grains with a full range of proven hunting bullet designs from Barnes, Nosler, Speer, Sierra and Hornady.
- The 375 RAPTOR allows shooting heavy high ballistic coefficient projectiles subsonic at normal magazine length, including the Sierra 350-grain MatchKing with a .720 BC that can produce 60% more energy on target at 100-yards than the 300 AAC Blackout.
- The 375 RAPTOR is easily formed by any hand-loader converting commercial 308 Winchester or military 7.62 NATO brass. Conversion is as easy as using a full length resizing die and trimming the neck to the final case length.
- The 375 RAPTOR is direct conversion for any short action rifle currently chambered in 308 Winchester requiring only a barrel swap whether your choice of sporting rifle is an AR-10, LR308, SR-25, G2, Remington 700 or Model 7, Savage 10 or Browning BLR. In Modern Sporting Rifles, the 375 RAPTOR requires only the swapping of a barrel and appropriate muzzle device. All other parts remain standard as built for the 7.62 NATO / 308 Winchester eliminating proprietary parts or modifications to the rifle. In a switch barrel Modern Sporting Rifle, like those made by DRD Tactical, the gun can be changed between 308 Winchester and 375 RAPTOR in less than 2 minutes.
- The 375 RAPTOR on the LR308, SR-25 or G2 uses a commonly available MAGPUL PMAG modified by the end user in minutes with nothing more than a common flat file. When finished, the magazine retains its original full capacity (no reduction) and can still be used loaded with 308 Winchester ammunition in a 308 Winchester rifle.
375 RAPTOR BALLISTICS TEST
The performance of the 375 RAPTOR is not just theory, so to show what it can do, we did terminal ballistics tests with the target at 100 yards to give users real world hunting impact performance.
375 RAPTOR Hunting Performance
The 375 RAPTOR was designed for hunting so what better way to show performance than photos sent in by actual end users in the field.
If you have taken game with the 375 RAPTOR, be sure to send a photo of your successful hunt, along with your story, to email@example.com to be included.